Book Title: 101 Life Skills Games for Children: Learning, Growing, Getting Along (Ages 6-12)
Publisher: Hunter House
Author: Bernie Badegruber
- 104 Activities That Build: Self-Esteem, Teamwork, Communication, Anger Management, Self-Discovery, Coping Skills
- Life Skills Activities for Special Children
- Life Skills Activities for Secondary Students with Special Needs, 2 edition
- Social Skills Activities for Secondary Students with Special Needs
- Social Skills Activities for Special Children
- Ready-to-Use Social Skills Lessons & Activities for Grades 1-3
- 101 More Life Skills Games for Children: Learning, Growing, Getting Along (Ages 9-15)
- Therapy Games: Creative Ways to Turn Popular Games Into Activities That Build Self-Esteem, Teamwork, Communication Skills, Anger Management, Self-Discovery, and Coping Skills
- Ready-to-Use Social Skills Lessons & Activities for Grades 4 - 6
- 101 Relaxation Games for Children: Finding a Little Peace and Quiet In Between (SmartFun Activity Books)
How do you teach tolerance, self-awareness, and responsibility? How can you help children deal with fear, mistrust, or aggression?
Play a game with them! Games are an ideal way to help children develop social and emotional skills; they are exciting, relaxing, and fun.
101 LIFE SKILLS GAMES FOR CHILDREN: LEARNING, GROWING, GETTING ALONG (Ages 6-12) is a resource that can help children understand and deal with problems that arise in daily interactions with other children and adults. These games help children develop social and emotional skills and enhance self-awareness.
The games address the following issues: dependence, aggression, fear, resentment, disability, accusations, boasting, honesty, flexibility, patience, secrets, conscience, inhibitions, stereotypes, noise, lying, performance, closeness, weaknesses, self confidence, fun, reassurance, love, respect, integrating a new classmate, group conflict.
Organized in three main chapters: (I-Games, You-Games and We-Games), the book is well structured and easily accessible. It specifies an objective for every game, gives step-by-step instructions, and offers questions for reflection. It provides possible variations for each game, examples, tips, and ideas for role plays. Each game contains references to appropriate follow-up games and is illustrated with charming drawings.